Monday, April 5, 2010

Beginnings

I've always been a little obsessive. My mother loves to tell people about my rock collection when I was a kid, I was crazy about it and very particular about new additions. One day we're walking to the grocery store and I am pre-school age here and I apparently fell in love with a rock she described as being very near to the size of my own head.

She refused to carry it for me. So I carried it all the way home, refusing to drop it. I remember having that rock well into puberty, where my obsessions began to run more towards fashion, music and art.

None of my obsessions have ever left me entirely, though I admit I've grown out of a few. I still like pretty rocks though. And fashion? Ooooh that was a dangerous one. By the time I moved out of my parents' home I had amassed a collection of several years of fashion magazines and had NEVER missed an issue of Vogue.

My tastes have changed a lot over the years, but I've always had a bit of a DIY bent and that has only gotten stronger since high school. Recently I decided to open my own shop, on Etsy, and try my hand at selling some of my favorite vintage pieces, and some goodies I came up with on my own.

Gotta admit, that's kind of scary. I can never tell if I have great taste, or horrible taste. I guess we'll see? :)

I'm intending for this space to fill a lot of needs: a way for other people to get to know me, to know what inspires me, what I love, who I love. I want to document the highs and the lows of attempting a more actively creative life. While I will talk about the business here, you're also going to see me talk about designers I love, crafty things I'm trying/want to try, foooooood oh food, television and movies. I want you to get to know me as a person, and I want to get to know all of you!

So why don't I share a few pictures to get it started?



That would be yours truly. My name is Deborah, I'm a 25 year old wife, mother and foul mouthed Martha Stewart-wannabe based out of Bremerton, Washington. I share a Craftsman home with my husband, our three year old daughter, two obnoxious cats and sometimes my teenaged sister. Things in my house? Regularly crazypants.

We've got just enough bedrooms for all the humans, so I've had to take over a large-ish storage closet to work out of. No doors, I roll with pink sheer curtains I might have stolen from the kid.


Not a lot of light. Or air. BUT IT BELONGS TO ME. (And apparently the cats, I've learned the hard way to put everything away when I'm done with it.)

I loaded the first of my items into my Etsy shop today! Big doin's all around. Tomorrow I need to compile an inspiration folder. Maybe I'll share some things here! Till then, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment